Friday, March 29, 2013

Creating My Meal Plan

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed as I look upon what I'm about to take on. I'm making a weekly meal plan, that I will simply use and repeat. I figured it would save on time and stress with trying to figure out what to eat each week. So far...I've got Monday done, ha ha. This is definitely not as easy as I was expecting it to be. I mean, it is only meal planning! Not only am I looking at portion sizes, I'm also counting calories to make sure I'm within the appropriate range for my 30-day detox. It took me about 15-20 mins to get the Monday menu right. I think I'm going to have to pace myself for the next menus ahead. 

Just when I think I have all the information I will need to start this journey, I read the book that comes with the "trip". Needless to say, I no longer feel adequately prepared. It is similar in ways to a previous endeavor, but I feel certain that I will prove more successful on this current route I am taking. I'm not expecting a miracle, but I AM expecting a change. As I have said in previous blogs, my blood sugar has been erratic during and since my pregnancy, and I'm ready to win that battle! Also, in conjunction with moody sugar levels, I'm just plan moody. My hormones have yet to balance. Come to find out, how your body deals with insulin, sugar, etc., has a direct affect on your hormones, which in turn affects weight gain/weight loss, emotions, sleeplessness, irritability, depression, etc. Who'da thunk!

A while back when my husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said "This, I want this!" He thought I was insane. Ha ha, I can't blame him though, who in their right mind wants to do what I'm doing...as a birthday gift? He tried his hardest to convince me to do/get something else, but I said, "you asked me what I wanted, this is it." So he conceded and here we are.  Tomorrow marks the day I prepare my body and my mind for this transformation. Starting April 1st I will officially be in detox mode! And I'm stoked! Stay tuned, I will be giving an update on April 4th of progress!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment