Friday, March 8, 2013

Officially Making it Official



 I've decided to wait until after my birthday to officially start my intense plan. March is both mine and my husband's birthdays and tends to be a month of weekend dine out meals. There's nothing I detest more than the guilt of cheating on a diet meal plan, so I've decided to wait until the festivities are over. This eliminates the temptation of cheating and the affects of guilt if the temptation is sated.

After further research, I've settled on what I need to do. It will involve weighing and portioning meals. I will probably pre-cook my meals at the beginning of each week and then freeze them. This way I will have all my meals ready for me and there will be NO excuses on the days when cooking isn't a feasible option. My caloric intake is going to reduce greatly, which is where the Liquid Amino will come in and help me. This liquid supplement I will be taking is hormone free and is designed (and medically approved) to aid your body in restoring proper metabolism functions, liver detoxification, and also helps maintain appropriate energy levels. 

The initial phase of this diet/lifestyle change is a 30-day detox type process. During this 30-day process I will be on a very low calorie(as previously stated) and low-glycemic diet, taking liquid amino, and drinking tons of water and unsweetened tea. Post phase 1, I enter phase 2 (go figure, lol), and during this phase I will be slowly reintroducing certain foods/food groups, and other foods will NEVER be introduced again; ie, fast food, heavy starches, soda, etc.

On top of weighing and portioning my food, I will be weighing and measuring myself. I am going to create a chart that will help me keep track of EVERY pound and inch lost. I know alot of people say not to obsess about the weight scale, but on this diet they suggest that you not only track your weight daily BUT also track your measurements. I will be measuring chest, waist, hips, legs (thighs and calves), and arms (bicep area). More often than not people see a change in the way their body is shaped before they actually see the pounds "fall off". Considering the fact that I will be weightlifting (low weight/high rep) I will more than likely see a bigger shift in inches than pounds. BUT REMEMBER: a loss is a loss!! Whether inches, pounds, or a tenth of a pound, it's a victory nonetheless! 

Some people wonder why I don't just dive into my plan. I don't know if I can adequately explain it, but I need time to mentally prepare myself. No, that's not code for stalling; I literally have to mentally prepare myself for this. I've tried extreme diets before and was extremely successful, but I lost my focus and justified my shortcomings, and now here I am post-pregnancy, battling more than just unwanted pounds. I don't think you realize, but I'm preparing for a LIFESTYLE change, not just a fad, but an overhaul on how I eat/cook/shop. I'm battling with the mentality that I "deserve" a type of food. I'm battling with justifications of poor health choices. I have approx 15 days to battle this all out and prepare myself. 

I'm going to need an army of supporters once I start this. Being female, I'm prone to lead with my emotions/feelings, and I'm sure that the ladies out there can agree with me on the fact that discouragement is the BIGGEST enemy in something like this. My husband can't understand why in the world I need someone encouraging me (in a positive way) and supporting me. and while his response of, "If you want it so badly, than just do it!" has a lot of truth to it, I need more. So I'm hoping that my "followers" or the people that happen upon this blog entry, will be willing to encourage me and keep me accountable!! 


**more information on weekly meal plans and exercise goals will be in the next blog**

No comments:

Post a Comment