Sunday, April 28, 2013

Almost done with Phase 1!

What started out as an amazing journey has become a slow Monday at a boring job, ha ha! With that being said, I am still making progress though it is with the speed of a 100 year old tortoise. I have only lost an additional 6 pounds since my last post, but I'm still sticking with it. In five days I will have the final results of my 30-day detox. 

I feel so much better and I look better too! My husband told me yesterday that he could really see a difference and that I was "shrinking". The last comment made me laugh. I decided to take them both as compliments :-) I'm glad I'm "shrinking" even though I have SO much further to go. I want so desperately to be healthy and active for my very quickly growing baby. Combine that with my fear of diabetes and I have a very potent reason to get and keep my butt in gear!

 I have found new ways to cook foods in a much healthier manner. Instead of using butter or olive oil, I steam most of the meats I cook with water and seasoning. I fully rely on garlic, onion powder, and black pepper, ha ha! When I make steak (and yes that's an approved food!!!) I enjoy it with 1/2 tsp of mustard (not an officially approved food, but shows no negative effect on weight loss), because I can't stand a steak without something to dip it in, lol. 

Breakfast is simple for me and doesn't seem to get boring (which is what I was expecting). I have 2 large eggs, 2 cups of fresh Spinach, and a 1/2 cups of grapes (any color, but I like the black grapes because they are sweet). the eggs I scramble and pour into the pan in omelet fashion. then I toss in the Spinach and cook them together. I top it with 1Tbsp of Salsa. 

After that it's a 5 oz snack of chicken, ground beef, or steak with a diet approved veggie. Than lunch is a freshly made chicken salad (lettuce is a "free" food) topped with 1/2 serving of olive oil as my dressing. then it's another 5 oz snack of some meat and a serving of fruit. Dinner, another Chicken salad, NO oil this time, salsa instead.

I know it seems repetitive and sounds like it may get boring, but it doesn't. You can play with the diet approved foods. Mix things up, just so long as you are eating the appropriate amounts of veggies, protein, fruits, and the 1 good fat.

But enough of that nonsense it's time for the updated stats (these are a couple days old, I'm waiting until May 3rd to do the new measurements)

17.2 pounds down

and

22 1/2 inches (whole body)
This is not where I wanted to be pounds wise, but it's comforting to see the numbers of inches lost still steadily rising! I had hoped for the full 30 lost in 30 days, but I'll settle for 20 pounds lost. This means I have 4 days to lose 2.8 pounds, I think I can do it :-)

I fully intend to continue on a lower calorie diet once I am done with the drops (4 more days), and I fully intend to see continued weight loss. My initial goal was 50 pounds lost, if I remember correctly, and I'm close to 1/2 there already!! I know my weight loss will slow dramatically without the assistance of the drops, but that's ok, I'm determined to continue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment